Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Author's Note:First Draft:Afterword

           Pietro the penguin is an Adélie penguin, a small penguin ranging from the size of 18 inches in height and a light 8 pounds in weight. These penguins live on the coast of Antarctica and on nearby islands. A matured Adélie penguin has a black face, back and tail. They have little white rings that encompass their eyes and all white underparts which cover most of their body. The penguins live and move in "colonies". They build their nests with rocks found on the shore or nearby islands, some penguins will even try and steal some rocks from their neighbors nests! [worldbookonline:Adélie Penguins:Wienecke pg.1]. The Adélie penguin is a very interesting penguin that has a mind of its own. Additionally, due to the research I had to complete, I was able to learn many new things about the Adélie penguin and even birds called, Skuas, who live near the penguin species and are the birds described in the story [worldbookonline:Skua:Knopf pg.1].

          I chose to write a story on penguins, because I've grown up loving penguins and the fact that they are birds but they can't fly is some what funny, I mean, they have wings! So I wanted to write a story on a penguin who grows up wanting to fly one day. I ask myself, does a penguin grow up wanting to fly, or ever trying to fly? So, I decided to depict the life of a young penguin watching the birds around him soaring through the air and cutting through the icy wind. However, what would a penguins reaction be if they learned that it isn't possible for them to take flight. Would they mope around in sorrow because their dream has been crushed, or will they take to action and try their hardest to accomplish that dream just like Pietro. This was my central idea in making my story.

          When someone picks up my book and starts to read all the way through, I want my readers o understand that sometimes you can't directly achieve your goals, but you can always achieve them in different ways very similar to your original goal. If something is in the way of your dream, don't spend time fighting it and helplessly trying to defeat it, instead, use your mind and manipulate your way around the problem efficiently without wasting much of your time. You must envision possibility, see the hope in things but from many different angles, just like little Pietro.
          

          


No comments:

Post a Comment